TITLE: Digital Access Student Assistant
The Digital Access Student Assistant will assist in the processing of digital born and digitized archival materials.He/she will also aid in providing online access to such materials via Russell Library's finding aids database, digital repository, online exhibit builder, and departmental web site. This position will be supervised by Russell Library's Access and Electronic Records Archivist.
- Experience with web design
- Fluency in HTML
- Familiarity with library/archives collections, tools, and services
- Self-motivated, dependable, and enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Background in some area of computer technology preferred but not required
TITLE: Graphic and Web Design Student Assistant
This position assists the Access and Outreach unit of the Russell Library by: providing graphic design for print and online environments, assisting with maintenance and special projects for the Russell Library website, assisting with exhibit design, fabrication, and installation.
The ideal candidate for this position will be equally at home designing for Web and print environments and will have both technical proficiencies in both arenas, as well as a thorough grounding in graphic design principles and standards.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in website design which may include course work and/or on-the-job experience, a combination of both or ability to demonstrate proficiency through examples of independent work
- Strong awareness of graphic design principles and approaches for print and online contexts through experience, examples of independent work, or coursework Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, AND CSS
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Flexibility and interest in working in project-based environment